Our focused in Core Values are………
1.To enhance and promote excellence in teaching and learning
- To support faculty with the necessary resources for professional and personal development.
- To provide the necessary resources to meet the dynamic learning and developmental needs of our students.
- To develop, encourage and support effective and innovative teaching and learning environments and
- approaches that will assist the college in adapting to changing student academic needs.
- To increase and strengthen transfer opportunities with educational institutions and affiliations with educational partnerships.
- To explore all new educational delivery and related administrative systems.
- To assess effectiveness in the teaching and learning environment.
- To ensure that the goals and standards of the college’s academic programs are achieved.
- To promote the maximum achievable graduation rate for students.
- To provide and maintain an environment that is conducive to teaching and learning.
- To develop new academic programs, new certificate programs, and/or new courses; and/or to revise current academic programs, certificate programs, and/or courses in response to identified needs.
2.To develop and support a student centered collegial environment.
- To promote and provide friendly, informative and supportive services for students.
- To create opportunities for student engagement and learning outside the classroom.
- To develop a systematic and integrated approach to student persistence and success.
- To maintain and enhance a comprehensive enrollment management system to achieve and maintain effective recruitment and retention of students.
- To provide effective academic advising for all students.
- To develop and maintain a comprehensive scheduling system and course schedule that is driven by student needs.
- To increase awareness of student support services, policies and campus events.
- To foster and promote student responsibility and involvement in his/her education.
- To promote safety and civility within the college community.
3. To promote the integration of pluralism within the college community.
- To develop and promote institutional programs and processes that embrace diversity.
- To promote affirmative action and equal employment opportunities to increase the number of faculty and staff members from under-represented groups.
- To increase the recruitment, retention, success and transfer of students from under-represented groups.
4.To maintain and improve administrative services.
- To maintain and regularly assess the college’s institutional planning process.
- To regularly assess the effectiveness of all areas under administrative services.
- To promote communication, cooperation and shared decision making among administrative and academic departments.
- To ensure fair and equitable performance evaluation, promotion and compensation systems for all faculty and staff.
- To support the staff with the necessary resources for professional and personal development.
- To promote a non-adversarial and collaborative approach to the bargaining process.
- To provide a clean, safe and accessible environment which meets the needs of students, faculty, and staff.
- To promote fiscal responsibility and accountability.